The D1 is a powerful multi-function delay with five studio-grade, high-fidelity, custom-tuned programs. Create inspiring echoes from Digital, Modulated, Vintage, Dual Delay, and Reverse. Each can be tuned and tweaked with modulation, tone, age, and tap/clock subdivisions. The attack knob adds another dynamic to each program, opening up a new world for creating soundscapes. The D1 boasts stereo in and out, midi control, adjustable stereo width, and onboard presets.
A workhorse of a delay that is just as ready for the road as it is the studio.
The D1 V2 updates are as follows:
- Retooled the Reverse program for a stronger effect.
- Retooled the Vintage program to emulate a tape delay.
- Added stereo width control allows two widening types – Panning and Haas Stereo Effect.
- Added USB functionality for firmware updates via walrusaudio.io.
Each program can be fully customized to your taste and playing style with the Tweak knob. Flip the toggle switch to Mod to bring in a tasteful modulation to your delay trails. Tone will brighten or darken your delay trails. Age will add some grit and wear reminiscent of vintage delay units. Subdivisions can be easily changed between quarter, eighth and dotted eighth.Digital
- The Digital delay program offers a clean and crystal-clear delay that is perfect for rhythmic guitar parts where ultra-defined echoes are desired. Mod
- The Mod delay program has unique modulation LFOs applied to random repeats and run at multiple rates to create unpredictable pitch modulation. This results in unique sounding repeats perfect for warping minds and scattering trains of thought. Vintage
– The Vintage program allows for analog tape delay-inspired tones to be achieved with complex filtering applied to the repeats. Use the tone knob at low settings for darker filtering and at higher settings to roll off the low end. Dual
- The Dual program employs two delays in parallel, each with different time divisions. When connected in mono, the two delays are added together. When connected in stereo, one set of repeats is sent to the left output, and one set is sent to the right. The division switch has unique functionality in Dual mode. We’ll break it down for you below:
- In the quarter note position, the D1 offers 1/4 note and 1/4 triplet repeats.
- In the eighth note position, the D1 offers 1/8 note and 1/4 triplet repeats.
- In the dotted eighth note position, the D1 offers 1/4 note and .1/8 repeats.
- The Reverse program reads the delay memory backwards creating a unique delay repeat character known as a reverse delay. Presets
The D1 can save up to nine onboard presets, and up to 128 are accessible via midi. Onboard presets are accessible with the bank switch. Cycle between presets in each bank by pressing Bypass and tap simultaneously. You will see the tap LED change from Red to Green to Blue. Any adjustments made in a preset will change the tap LED to purple to show that you have edited the preset. Refer to the manual for accessing and saving presets via midi.
Factory presets can be viewed here.Attack
The Attack knob will soften the attack of the echoes. Dreamy and ethereal soundscapes can be created with higher repeat and attack settings. Bypass and Tempo Modes
The D1 has three different bypass modes. True Bypass, DSP+True Bypass (trails), and DSP Bypass. The D1 offers global and preset tempo modes. Global mode keeps the tempo the same when changing presets. Preset tempo will use the delay time that was stored when the preset was saved. Refer to the manual for more info on switching modes. Momentary Functions:
Press and hold the Bypass switch to ramp up the repeats of the delay. Release to set the feedback back to the knob location.
Dimensions and power consumption:
- 6,7 x 12,4 x 6,4 cm (W x D x H)
- 300 mA
In the box:
- Walrus Audio Mako Series: D1 V2
- Guitar pick
- The D1 comes in an anodized silver finish with black, dark green, red, orange and purple ink.
- The enclosure’s exact size with knobs is 12.4 x 6.4 x 6.7 cm. Power requirements are 9VDC (300mA minimum).
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals. Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.