You won’t miss a thing.
Clarity is king—and with the R65 V2s, you’ll hear every single detail in your music: the gentle breath in every exhale, the subtle finger noise in a nylon-string classical guitar; the nuanced overtones of brass and woodwinds; and exquisite reverb tails that decay gracefully into the void. Not only will your mixes sound their absolute best on R65 V2, but you’ll also be able to hear trouble spots in your tracks with surgical clarity. If you’re mixing or mastering high-resolution audio, the R65 V2 will ensure that you’ll hear every detail captured in your recordings.
Air and transient response.
Driven by a dedicated 65 watt Class A/B amp, the R65 V2’s custom-designed 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) excels at accurate reproduction of the highest of high frequencies—those responsible for a sense of air, space, and dimensionality. And the AMT’s astonishingly thin (< 0.01 mm) folded Kapton® membrane allows the tweeter to move in the same instant as the voltage cycles that power it, providing nothing less than wave cycle-accurate transient reproduction.
Wide with pride.
The unique AMT design also allows the R65 V2 to handle 8 to 13 times the projection area of more traditional tweeter designs, while the R65 V2’s unique housing constrains this projection area to the horizontal axis. The result is a very wide sweet spot with focused vertical dispersion, —minimizing reflections off of your desk, ceiling, and floor that could otherwise introduce problematic phase and coherence issues. And because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 V2 studio monitor reacts predictably and sounds consistent, even if moved to different listening environments.
The lowdown on the down-low.
R65 V2’s woofer is six and a half inches of rigid, custom-woven composite that offers consistent dispersion across its frequency range for the flattest response we could design. A dedicated 75 watt Class A/B amplifier provides ample headroom and impressive distortion-free, non-fatiguing performance—even at higher volumes.
- 2-way active AMT tweeter design provides articulate high-frequency response, wide stereo imaging, and narrow vertical dispersion
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies for audiophile-grade air and space
- 6.5-inch LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean, punchy bass
- Biamped, 140 W RMS (LF = 75 W, HF = 65 W) Class A/B power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic tuning controls (Low cut, Mid, High, Acoustic Space) compensate for room acoustics and placement
- Studio One Prime and Studio Magic Software Suite ($1,000 value!)
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Toroidal power transformer eliminates noise and hum
- System protections include RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: 100-120 V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240 V ~50/60 Hz