The Jackson® Pro Series Spectra Bass is a finely crafted instrument with its very essence right there in the name—a bass for professionals. A bold bass that’s more than just a cut above the others; a bass designed to deliver the finest to the demanding and adventurous pro player. The finest in style, tone, comfort and playability.
Starting with style, the all-new Pro Series Spectra Bass SBP IV features a unique multi-laminate poplar burl/walnut/maple/walnut/mahogany body wrapped in sophisticated Caribbean Blue or Transparent Black Burst finishes, complete with a unique 2x2 color matched headstock with an understated “J” logo.
The offset Spectra Bass body style was also innovatively designed with the professional musician in mind, featuring a larger upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument for perfect balance and playing comfort. The through-body five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck with graphite reinforcement ensures ultimate stability and formidable sustain, while the speed neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius caramelized jatoba fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and oval dark pearl inlays offer superior playability.
The Pro SBP IV provides a full-sonic spectrum for even the most versatile and progressive bassists. Featuring alnico V magnets, the Nordstrand® SB4 single-coil soapbar bridge and neck pickups deliver an all-around pulverizing and striking sound with brighter, cleaner and punchier characteristics. Wide-ranging tonal command comes from a three-band active EQ, two-way toggle switch to bypass or engage active circuit for the 3-band EQ, blend control and volume control. The two-way toggle switch eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery by bypassing the active circuit and making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power. An additional three-way toggle switch dials in a specific mid-frequency range for even more pinpoint tonal control.
This four-string bass also features a Jackson Single-String hardtail bridge that enhances individual note attack and improves sustain.
- Body: Multi-Laminate: Poplar Burl/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Spectra
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Jatoba
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: None
- Position Inlays: Oval Dark Pearl
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Pickup: Nordstrand® SB4-N
- Headstock: Unique Jackson® 2x2
- Special Electronics: 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Configuration: HH
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Bridge Pickup: Nordstrand® SB4-B
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (selector for active/passive option), 3-Way Toggle Variable Mid-Frequency Switch
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson® Single-String
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Jackson® Hardshell Gig Bag (p/n 2994722100)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Refinement Fingerboard Radius: Compound
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Refinement Neck Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Controls: Volume, Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)